Local Internet Marketing for your business is a full time job. Managing all the opportunities to grow your business is hard enough without the constant changes that occur in the online marketing industry. Understanding online trends and focusing on growth is the best way to start tackling the online marketing initiatives that can power growth for your business if done correctly.
Understanding your customers is key to correctly targeting them with your local internet marketing initiatives. This infographic highlights the major trends anticipated for 2014.
- In 2014, around 35% of all search engine traffic will be from mobile devices
- Mobile Search Advertising is expected to grow by 76% this year
- Mobile banner advertising is expected to grow by 100%
- 40% of mobile marketers are planning on developing a mobile app in 2014
With mobile a hot topic for the coming year it’s important to make sure your website is mobile friendly and you’re doing everything you can to improve the experience for your mobile customers.
This infographic also suggests that social media will continue to be a major player in online marketing.
- 33% of consumers cite social networks as a way they discover new brands, products or services
- 100% of business decision-makers use social media for work purposes
- 52% of enterprise brands say social media is the top driver for relationship building
- 79% of marketers have integrated social media into their traditional marketing activities
- Social sharing buttons in email increases CTR by 158%
Getting to know how your client’s habits are changing is the best way to market your business successfully.
“A recent study shows how reliant small businesses have become on mobile technology. The 2013 AT&T Small Business Technology Poll says 85 percent of small businesses now use some kind of smartphone. And 80 percent of small firms founded less than two years ago use tablets, the survey also showed.
Customers are becoming more mobile too. The International Data Corporation, a global marketing intelligence firm, says the number of smartphones shipped now outpaces the number of “regular” cell phones worldwide. Tablets are on the increase with customers too.”
Social media success is not going to happen overnight. As you grow your business you will also grow your social networks. Taking the time to learn a few tricks will go a long way to improve your results.
“Local businesses that don’t use social media platforms are missing out on opportunities that could attract more customers and help them reach new markets. When you want a local business to thrive, you have to include social media in your marketing plan.”
If tackling the complex landscape of local internet marketing is overwhelming, you don’t have to do it alone. At PME 360 our team specializes in local internet marketing for remodeling businesses. It’s our job to stay current on all the local internet marketing trends while bringing you our expertise in all areas including social media, content marketing, SEO, email marketing, paid search and so much more! Download our Free Report: Learn 3 Killer Ways to Grow Your Local Business Today!